Silver Spirit Cruise Review by ms_cruiser
- Sail Date: August 2010
- Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
- only 500+ passengers
- very well appointed and well planned suites, even the Vista suites have ample room, closet space, and well planned and appointed bathrooms
- vanity, but bring your own extension cord with extra plugs
- wonderful system for converting coffee table to dining room table
- free movies on demand, all categories, over 500
- your very own butler
- almost everything is included (wine and spirits, water, etc.)
- pampered service everywhere!
- La Terraza breakfast and lunch buffets, nothing hurried, staff assist with plates, pre-set tables with linens
- it's size allows the ship to have premier docking slips in ports, in Venice the ship docked right on the Venice Lagoon
- never, ever crowded - anywhere!
- European style late start to dining hours, earliest is 7PM, main dining room is 7:30PM
- very late breakfast opening - 7:30 PM, hard to eat and make an 8AM private tour if one wants to make the most of the day
- no casual option for dinner, would be nice to have a buffet option for those who just want something light, don't want to dress up, and don't want room service
- very bad system for continuing passengers (2+ week cruisers) as you're not allowed to book anything (excursions, hair appts., dining room reservations) in advance once you've embarked. The longer you're on the ship, the more difficult this is to reconcile as you can't book anything for future weeks, online or otherwise. Your embarkation stops all your online reservation privileges putting those who have not yet embarked and may be cruising for only one week, ahead of you in terms of appointment times and preferences. You can book via phone or at the venue once embarkation for that week begins. Note: Staff do try to help and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
- Main Dining Room, not very inviting, food could be simpler
250,000+ people have entered their email
Very large walk in closet,
TV's in bedroom AND living room
Privacy curtain between living and dining room
Vanity with stool
Avoid Deck 5, steel structure of ship impedes view on this level and, this deck is used for accommodation for service personnel, and they can be (and were) noisy!
Great bathrooms, with tubs and separate showers, lots of shelving for personal items
Great air conditioning - very quiet and effective
Suite A+, Deck F (failed)