Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by yanihoo
- Sail Date: August 2019
- Destination: Western Caribbean
- Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom
First the hits
1. Embarkation was very smooth. You go in by groups and can be enjoying the buffet by 12:30.
2. The entertainment is very good. The "Rock of Ages is killing it, however it is not appropriate for children or guests who are easily offended by sexual innuendo and scantly clad dancers. Burn the floor is excellent though I recommend their show in the Manhattan room, and it is only 30 minutes and the numbers are fast paced. The game shows are great but do depend on the craziness of the guests.I did not see the velvet show. The comedians were simply ok, same ole jokes about cruisers. The magician was very entertaining as he uses shy guests as examples.
3. Food was mediocre to just ok. I found nothing outstanding. I did not try the pay restaurants because why pay twice for food?
4. Service was again ok. I had very nice servers in the Manhattan room, Rihzel and Jeffrey were awesome. Other than that nothing special.
5. Ports Rotaan was fun, Harvest caye useless, Coste Maya a little seaweedy, and Cozumel was awesome, I went to an adventure park and snorkel for three hours.
6. Debarkation was again very smooth, off the ship in less than an hour.
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
CozumelCozumel is my Favorite port. It is a beautiful island with plenty of options. Purdy beaches, fun parks and lots of shopping. We went to Chankanaab Adventure park to snorkel and see the dolphins. The have a Mexican restaurant and a pool bar. A very nice place that even the locals love!!!View All 6,683 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
Harvest CayeThis port is an extension of the ship. No lunch like at RCL's private island and the beach was murky with jellyfish. The pool was very crowded especially in shaded areas. The zipline looked like fun.View All 1,121 Harvest Caye Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Harvest Caye Cruise Port Review
SnorkelingThis was a semi private tour in a very small group. Our guide Ronald was fantastic!!!!! He was a professional from the moment he picked us up at the pier unit the time he dropped us off. We played with monkeys and sloths, swam at a beautiful beach, and snorkeled by guide for an hour. A very nice tour.View All 290 Snorkeling Reviews