Celebrity Edge Cruise Review by MargueriteOC
- Sail Date: August 2019
- Destination: Western Mediterranean
- Cabin Type: Celebrity Suite
We loved all the ports with the exception of Ibiza. I am unsure why that stop is on the itinerary. I feel Majorca would have been better.
We traveled with our 13 and 16 year olds. Along with friends they had a super time. That for the kids was key - to travel with a group. I am not sure the ship would have been enough for them without their buddies.
The restaurants were fine. I would Say Luminae had the best food. Next time we won’t shop around the dining rooms and we will have our dinners at Luminae. Kumar, our waiter, made the dinners at Luminae very enjoyable. As well as the breakfast.
In addition to dining, I would say skip Le Petit chef. Food was not great and the “show” was on par with a Disney experience.
Overall I give the Celebrity Edge a 10! My only wish is that it was longer!
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
BarcelonaBeautiful city. We did our own excursion and tickets.View All 2,209 Barcelona Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Barcelona Cruise Port Review
Someone recently asked me did I feel As though the Celebrity Edge was exceptionally expensive. It did not occur to me originally but I will say now that yes, it is. The suites are terribly expensive. And the fact that you need to purchase the perks for the 3rd guest when you are suite level is king of insulting.
The pool up at the Retreat is more like a Spool. A Spa/small pool. I believe Guests would be happier to rsvp in 1 hour/2 hour time slots to guarantee them space in the pool or guarantee them a chair. I think That would be a fair compromise.
- spotless rooms, comfortable beds, clean elevators and public spaces
- the staff always greeted you with a smile and everyone was always super helpful.
- never felt that products/services were being pushed upon us. No hard sell here.
- the waiters at every restaurant were always super nice and enjoyable.
- the buffet layout was easy and clean:)
- embarkation/disembarking super easy.
- aesthetically beautiful
- very expensive for a large ship. Be prepared to spend what you would for an ultra high end, smaller cruise (ship) and line. Prices should seriously decrease for this size/type of ship.
- entertainment is lacking. People did walk out of every show we attended
- casino - so tight it wasn’t even fun. And I tried! Lol
- the food at all the restaurants could improve. Fresh herbs/veggies from all of these wonderful ports should be added.
- the main pool is so small and crowded.
- more activities for teens should be added.