Carnival Vista Cruise Review by thood
- Sail Date: August 2019
- Destination: Western Caribbean
- Cabin Type: Interior
1. We loved the breakfast in the Horizon Restaurant. It was always hot and good variety from skillet pancakes, to french toast to scrambles and much more. We only ate at Lido deck one time for breakfast.
2. The pasta bar at Cucina was Excellent.
3. The servers in the Lido area, main dining room, etc. were phenomenal...always checking to see if you needed anything. Our stateroom steward Ron was excellent, very nice and genuinely asked how our day was going and remembered our names. We were in Room 7451.
4. The shows were GREAT in the Liquid Lounge and we loved the Havana Bar area with live Latin music. This area was open to the public after 7pm for whirlpool, etc. The violinists were great in the main lobby area.
5. We went as a couple with no kids and really liked the Serenity Adults only area on the 15th deck.
6. Embarkation and debarkation was super smooth and the best we've experienced.
7. Kyndall Fire the cruise director was very engaging and hilarious.
8. Pictures are all digital on the ship instead of the huge wall of paper pics that take forever to find. You can also see pictures on your TV in your room, and your balance.
9. Our aft ship state room was very nice and cozy.
10. We loved Roatan and Belize ports of call. We didn't get off the ship in Cozumel - we'd already been there 3-4 times. So we made it a lazy day.
11. Guys Burger Joint...yum.....Lido Deck was OK......nothing spectacular. Main Dining Room food was pretty good overall.
12. We met so many nice people and fellow cruisers and people were genuinely nice to each other..not all, but most.
13. Ship layout can be very confusing but you'll find your way.
14. Comedy shows were hilarious - we had Caroline Picard, Billy D. Washington, William Lee Martin and Dan Chopin and we went to the 18+ shows. Too funny!
What was tricky....
1. Lots of walking the stairs from slow or full elevators.
2. The 24 hour pizza would get crowded fast after dinner was over. They make it fresh so if the line is long, be patient because it's quite yummy.
2. Too many kids in the whirlpools and main pools. It was kinda ridiculous that kids are everywhere..........OMG. We didn't bother to do any main pools just the Serenity adults only whirlpools.
3. The view in the Main show area was bad in some areas due to polls all over the place. Get there early for a good seat but shows were AWESOME>
4. The smoke in the casino was terrible. We had to walk through it to get to the comedy show area and my clothes smelled like smoke. Beware!
5. Elevators were hot most of the time. Be warned.
6. The spa seminar we went to on accupuncture was not a seminar - they asked us to come back at 4:30 and we spoke to DR. Vu who couldn't answer our questions about fertility and asked how do you spell ovary and follicle. WOW. We signed up for a manicure since we got a $50 gift card but we got there and we were asked to come back since they were 'backed up' and were told there was a $7 tip. We just cancelled.
What needs improvement....
1. Carnival needs to be more strict and enforce the 'no reserving seats' policy, especially in the Comedy Club. One girl tried to reserve 10 seats for her family when the doors opened and she was telling people these are taken.....and it was happening during the whole cruise. All people need to do is come together as a group...simple as that.
2. Too many kids............I repeat, too many kids.........some of them ran and stomped at 12am and would push all buttons on the elevator for fun. Our next cruise will be in fall when there behinds are in school.
3. Blue Iguanna was disappointing because they served stale taco shells on one of the days. I didn't go back after that.
4. Not sure if Carnival can monitor this but in Belize, we did the Calypso Train Tour and it was $42 but we got it for $39 after Carnival guest services said it was sold out. The guys in port were selling for $25 but we found out they didn't take people to the train at all but to some non A/C van that almost ran out of gas.
250,000+ people have entered their email