Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by Bruiser85
- Sail Date: June 2019
- Destination: Bahamas
- Cabin Type: Oceanview Picture Window
The good things:
1. Our cabin steward, Joseph, was very good, He kept our room spotless and made sure we had clean towels and ice everyday.
2. The waiters and waitresses were friendly and accommodating. Also the manager of the Four Seasons Dining Room, Ben, was superb & checked on us every evening.
3. The food in the dining rooms were good, overall.
4. The comedian and the “Rock You Tonight” entertainment staff were really good.
The bad things:
1. The buffet was horrible. It even smelled bad in there. It was a free for all with folks shoving each other, kids everywhere. The food was awful & the layout of the buffet was terrible. After one lunch there, we never returned.
2. Not enough to do on the ship. Sometimes we were really bored. It was pretty disappointing.
3. I was charged for items taken from the mini bar. Apparently, the day before we left, someone from the staff comes in and locks the mini bar & takes the bottled water that can be purchased. They charged us for water that we didn’t open or drink. After complaining twice a guest services, they removed the charge.
4. Computer system failed at check in which delayed boarding the ship 3 hours. Long lines of hungry unhappy passengers....not a good way to start the cruise.
5. Really poor tv channel choices.
6. Shopping on the ship was not really good. We had $150 shipboard credit & really had difficulty finding things we wanted to purchase.
This was only our third cruise, but the worst by far. The other two were on Royal Caribbean. I would say we weren’t that impressed by NCL.
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
SnorkelingWe did the sail and snorkel excursion. You have to drive on a hot bus for 30 min to get there. Not good. The snorkel experience was fun, but when we returned we had to wait an hour and 15 min to get back to the ship. Not much info given out beforehand. Freeport is not a pretty island.View All 92 Snorkeling Reviews
Key WestThe conch train guide was funny & knowledgeable. It was just so hot & uncomfortable on the trai.View All 1,779 Key West Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Key West Cruise Port Review