Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by mel-supercruiser
- Sail Date: May 2019
- Destination: Europe
- Cabin Type: Interior
If its your 1st Cruise, you will probably think it is fine, but for a seasoned Cruiser with "better" cruise lines this will leave you frustrated and disappointed.
1. The food was simply not good enough compared to NCL & RC. Very small portions in the Open Dining Restaurants, badly presented, not hot enough in stark contrast to NCL.
2. Cleanliness was lacking throughout the ship, again in comparison to NCL where you see crew members cleaning all public areas all of the time. Here they are noticeable by their absence. The ship is clean and tidy, but it is reassuring on a cruise ship to see proactive staff.
3. The entertainment was simply adequate compared to NCL and RC who pretty much put on a great show nearly every night. On this cruise the last nigh twas ok but the rest was pretty much time filling yawn.
4. The excursions are so expensive, its not worth looking at them unless you are on a really good budget, and the ports are pretty mundane apart from the town on the Bordeaux stop which is pretty and free shuttle service to get there. Guernsey was really nice..
5. We had stateroom 327 which waw really nice apart from a completely useless air conditioning which made it impossible to get a good nights sleep. Bed comfortable and good tv service but that was all let down by the air con
6. The crew in all departments were exemplary in stark contrast to the above, but thats what you pay your money for isn't it?
7. My partner spent a lot of money on 2 drinks packages for us as he wanted to spend his late nights in the Casino which they shut every night at 1.30 latest despite their being players at the tables, rendering his drink package unnecessary. Be warned, there is no compromise with Princess cruises, when he complained and asked for 1 of the packages to be refunded they declined. When you consider what a drink actually costs to supply in contrast to what you sell it for we thought that at best a little miserable and unacceptable.
I would seriously recommend you go with NCL ahead of these operators. NCL just get it right and Princess could learn an awful lot from them
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
BilbaoTook the shuttle in to Bilbao, same as above unless you visit the Museum which we didn't. Not really interested in the subject matterView All 111 Bilbao Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Bilbao Cruise Port Review
Bordeaux2 hour each way journey and remortgage the house to be able to afford their price for a bus ride, you have got to be kidding.View All 46 Bordeaux Cruise Port Reviews
Instead we took the free shuttle service to the local town which was very pleasant
View Cruise Critic's Bordeaux Cruise Port Review
La CorunaWalked around an uninspiring town, tours all too expensiveView All 236 La Coruna Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's La Coruna Cruise Port Review
SouthamptonBy the time we had gone through the endless que to register and get onboard we were too tired. Why oh why do you not have enough staff to cope with the people you are obviously expecting. My 80 year old mother was in some distress by the time we finally got onboard. You simply failed miserably......... NB. Royal Caribbean 1km up the road, absolutely painless, quick and efficientView All 969 Southampton Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Southampton Cruise Port Review
St. Peter Port (Guernsey)Very nice seaside town but with 3 cruise ships in the port, very busyView All 268 St. Peter Port (Guernsey) Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's St. Peter Port (Guernsey) Cruise Port Review