Carnival Glory Cruise Review by haply
- Sail Date: April 2019
- Destination: Western Caribbean
- Cabin Type: Scenic Ocean View
* The staff were very friendly, although seemed overwhelmed at times.
* Carnival has the best comedy clubs of any line. Other lines may have a comedy club once or twice curing the cruise. Carnival has them every night.
* The Alchemy bar is great.
* The Dr. Seuss brunch was great! Sign up early as they do fill up. Highly recommend.
* The sea day brunch is also very nice. It included a filet choice as no additional charge.
* Carnival still has breakfast room service at no additional charge.
* Being able to pre-order a case of bottled water for about $5 (delivered to your room) is nice.
* Being able to bring on a 12-pack of canned soda and a bottle of wine is a nice perk for those not getting a drink package.
* Nice to have 24-hour pizza (that staff works really hard as there is always a line).
* The Blue Iguana, BBQ and deli/grill are good, although, there were ALWAYS lines (probably because the buffet was so bad).
The not-so-good points were:
* The buffet was the worst that I have ever experienced between all of my cruises and AI resorts. They do not have a Mongolian wok on the Glory. The food choices are non-appealing (greasy, stale, very limited salad bar, dried out entrees, etc). The layout is confusing (toppings/accompaniments are in another section, bacon served out at one piece at a time by a stressed out staff, small chocolate bar served during lunch). There were always LONG lines. Yes, they do have the grill, Guys burgers, Iguana grill, etc, but those lines were also always LONG no matter when you went.
* The pool deck/seating area was the WORST of any cruise that I have been on. They converted/took out about 1/3 of the pool deck seating for the kid's water park. Could not find a chair, even on the "secret" deck and the Serenity deck on the sea day.
* Long drink lines. Most of the other cruises that I have been on will put out additional "quick-serve" drink stations (beer, soda, non-blender drinks, etc) on sea days. The Glory did not do this. If you like to lounge by the pool on sea days, this is not the ship for you (especially if you have to stay in the kids/family-allowed pool/deck area).
*Carnival/Glory has apparently instituted a new debarkation luggage tag process this year. If you do not pick up your luggage tags by 5:30 PM the day before, you must carry out all of your luggage. Didn't realize this until I got back to my cabin after 5:30 and no luggage tags. WHY???
*We did have rough seas a couple of nights. I am used to the rocking and creaking, however our rooms had a loud banging/crashing sound above our ceiling (sounded like our ceiling was going to fall in). Called at midnight, but they told me that maintenance would have to come and sit in our room to confirm that there was a sound. REALLY??? You could hear the crashing/banging out in the hallway.
I know a vacation is what you make of it. The less you have to try to make "lemonade out of lemons" though the better, especially when you are spending your hard-earned money and precious vacation time. Look elsewhere.
250,000+ people have entered their email