Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Review by violet41
- Sail Date: March 2019
- Destination: Mexican Riviera
- Cabin Type: Large Ocean-View Stateroom
1) My husband booked me a 2 hours spa treatment. I was taken in late for my treatment, while i did the seaweed wrap the therapist left the room , and never bothered to come check on me, and ask how i was doing. The massage was probably the worst massage i have ever had. Once the treatment was done, she was trying to sell me $ 350+ worth of products, and trying to talk me into purchasing additional treatments, by pointing out my skin is sagging, my eyes are puffy etc.....very intelligent:)
They put a bottle of water in your room, but there was no label or warning that they were going to charge you $ 5.75 for it!
When we got the final bill they raised the daily mandatory tips at $ 14.50/person.
The food in the buffet was same every single day, without a fail.
As far as entertainment, not much , there was only one show worth the time in the whole week. In the day time , the ship was like a dormant boring place, unless you had plenty of cash to spare you would keep yourself entertained because all they did , tried to sell you anything.
The library had no books, other than speciality travel books and such.
To conclude, I think I am pretty much done cruising.
- Read more Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam Review
250,000+ people have entered their email