Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by MLZ
- Sail Date: March 2019
- Destination: Eastern Caribbean
- Cabin Type: AquaClass
1. Aqua Class made all the difference in the world to us. Eating in the Blu restaurant each morning and evening was a delight. The service is outstanding and, within reason, you can eat what you want...order off of the Blu menu which changes daily, or order from the main dining room. In addition, the Sommelier would greet us each night with a recommendation for a fantastic wine or spirit. Being in a small dining room was relaxing and special.
2. We got the Premium Drink Package for $11.80 extra per day per person. (The regular drink package was included in our package.) We are not big drinkers but has a blast tasting top shelf drinks and not worrying about the extra cost. The Premium Drink package includes specialty coffees, teas, water and sodas. This was especially useful to us as we found the coffee on board the ship to be terrible. The room service coffee is undrinkable.
3. We booked excursions on our own and not through the ship. In St. Thomas we went kayaking and snorkeling near mangroves, in Nassau we went to a private island Barmoral, and in Punta Cana we took a shuttle to Juanita Beach. You never have to worry about getting back to the ship on time if you book through a reputable company on TripAdvisor. Our excursions were the best... and we saw beautiful beaches away from the crowds.
4. Check your bill carefully as we were charged for things that should have been included.
250,000+ people have entered their email