MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review by RealNorwegianCruiser
- Sail Date: October 2018
- Destination: Mediterranean
- Cabin Type: Aurea Balcony Stateroom
My wife and I got 7-8 cruises with Royal (grand suites incl.) 2 with Celebrity and 1 with NCL under my belt.
A few negatives;
- less CHOICES in the breakfast and lunch buffet than Royal, Celebrity, and NCL.
- Do NOT book a stateroom on deck 14 under the pool deck on Meraviglia. NOISY! You could hear people running, loungers placed out by the crew every morning at 6, LOUD pool parties like the white party.. When I complained about this, I got the impression that the customer service was well aware of this, and gave me a B I G discount on my upcoming cruise in February.
- lack of visible crew during disembarkion/poor imformation. ( our case was maybe especially bad since disembarkion was very late due to really bad weather in Civitavecchia. Chaos.
- Lack of waiters during breakfast. Ordering drinks took forever.... getting them? Even longer.
- Value for money. Dont know about cruises in the Caribbean, but the prices on MSC cruises in Europa wins BIG time over Royal, Celebrity and NCL.
- Very good food in the Main Dining Room - and yes u can have several starters, mains and/or desserts. No need to go hungry. In my opinion, equally good as Royal, NCL, and Celebrity.
- Drinks. Better than on Royal and Celebrity.
- Butchers Cut... oh.. the best filet mignon I ever tasted on sea.
- Best pizza. No discussion!
- Sunny in the Main Dining Room. A waiter that know what he was doing. Good recommendations through the whole cruise.
- the housekeeping is not there to befriend you, but to do a job. I got real friends, and I am fine with that. Im not trying to be a friend with my accountant, bus driver or my sons kindergarden teatcher either. They are doing their job.
- those noisy «foreigners». I belive this is just cultural differences. I feel a ship out of Miami is equally “noisy” as from Genoa. The difference is that many cruisers are used to cruise with others with their own language. It sounds more noisy maybe. But since I am from Norway, if find those “foreigners” equally “noisy” as English speaking cruisers. Equally «rude» as well.. People push in the buffet everywhere - me too!
In my opionion MSC delivers a equally good product as Royal, NCL and Celebrity. Yes it is some differences, but all in all a good cruise product. Some differences from Royal, Celebrity and NCL, but that I am mostly happy for. We dont need 7 cruise companies delivering the exactly same product, do we? Im more than ready for my two next bookings with MSC! Royal and/or Celebrity needs to do some REAL effort to get me back..
just my two kroner.. from a normal cruiser - not paid or bribed from any cruise company............
250,000+ people have entered their email