Silver Muse Cruise Review by SocksandTiger
- Sail Date: August 2018
- Destination: Mediterranean
- Cabin Type: Superior Verandah Suite
Pluses of the ship are:
- spacious and modern cabins (we were deck 8 and it was great)
- great choice of restaurants and top quality food (I particularly recommend Indochine for beautiful Asian flavours and Spaccanapoli for fabulously good pizza)
- plenty of space on decks and in restaurants, with only 600 passengers
- have a coffee in the Arts café in the morning, it is a little hidden gem which is fairly empty but does the best coffee on the ship!
- have a pre- and post-prandial in the Observatory on deck 11 - another hidden gem
- butler service was great, we didn't use our butler a lot, but we had a birthday celebration onboard and our butler Edmondo brought champagne and birthday cake and, yes, sang happy birthday!
- self service laundry facilities on each level - very handy
- and, of course, drinks any time of day or night, freely flowing, no need to order and pay (we now realise we do not want to cruise any other way).
- TIP for Cannes - absolutely MUST do the 'Cannes by Segway' tour - it was unbelievably easy to learn how to use a Segway and we segwayed our way through the town and even an indoor food market. Best excursion I have ever done.
Other tips and info:
- there was NO problem getting into any of the included restaurants even without a reservation (we did not try the pay extra ones, but did not need to as the included restaurants were so good)
- the age of people on board was much younger than I had expected, quite a few children as well, possibly because it was a summer cruise
- dress code was very casual during the day, and only really got to a level of neat informal in the evening (while a few men wore suits, many wore jacket and tie and still others were dressed more informally than that which took me by surprise). So no need to bother with your dinner suit gents...although my man did and he looked gorgeous!
- pool area was the most populated area during the day due to warm weather - grab a deck chair away from the pool area if you want to read, waiters will come by and see if you need a drink
- entertainment was possibly the only disappointment on the ship, there isn't much of it ... if you are used to cruising on a larger ship with high level entertainment in the evenings and lots of options during the day, you will be a tad disappointed, so be warned.
Overall, in my opinion, a 5 star ship and we look forward to cruising on the Silver Muse again.
250,000+ people have entered their email