Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by NikiStar
- Sail Date: September 2017
- Destination: Western Caribbean
- Cabin Type: Mid-ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
- casino smelled bad due to smoking
- even though we had the drink pkg. we were charged for bottles of water
- Medical office was closed most of the day & when we had a need for some gauze bandaids we were told to go to 13th floor where we could get some. Turned out to be a coin operated dispense cabinet which did not have what we needed. We were told if a doctor was needed it would cost at least $140.
- The Irish Pub was supposed to be open 24/7 but between breakfast & lunch they closed down. The staff ignored the people waiting - no explanations. Service was also slow.
- It was very loud in the Atrium, making it hard to interact with Customer Service.
- Because there were so many people who used scooters, walkers & canes, there should have been a dedicated elevator - took an extremely long time to get from floor to floor.
- The entertainment, mainly The Brat Pack, was pretty bad. When we got to see The Mercy Boys in the Atrium one night, we were very pleased - they were very good.
- The service in our room was inconsistent. No trash removed & room service dishes left.
The things we did like:
- The food was very good. Ate at two specialty restaurants - Cagney's & the Japanese one. We enjoyed them both very much.
- Getting on & off the ship went smoothly.
- Our mini-suite was small but generally ok.
- We were glad that Norwegian handled the change of ports well due to the hurricanes.
- It was nice to have free-style dining with no need to dress up.
- We weren't bothered with a lot of photographers - got one nice photo at the Japanese Restaurant.
- We didn't do any excursions, but got off the ship a couple of times. Glad not to have tenders. Plus it was nice to have shuttle/bike-riding cabs since there were long walks to the shops.
250,000+ people have entered their email