Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by RalphHome
- Sail Date: November 2016
- Destination: South Pacific
(2) Then our extended family of eleven were given 4 different dinner times. OK sometimes stuff happens. This despite having a pre-boarding confirmation receipt of one table and one time for all 11 of us.
(3) So we line up at the service desk for half hour to sort out the dining times, to find they don't have the authority to amend the times. They refer us to dining deck 4.
(4) We line up again for another half hour to find out we were sent to the wrong location. We are referred to deck 3.
(5) At deck 3, after another half hour queue, we are finally put on the same dining table and time.
(6) The next day at breakfast we are a little late, due to a delay waiting on another queue at the service desk for one of the family. Several of us ordered orange juice. Half hour later we asked where the orange juice was. Another 10 minutes later we asked another waiter. Then a further minute or two later we ambushed the head waiter when he was near by and gave him a gob full of insult (clean language though), in short telling him we had been waiting 40 minutes, but worse than that we were definitely being ignored.
(7) To the credit of the head waiter, he looked after us from that point on throughout the cruise and made sure were were well looked after in the dining room.
(8) Evening meal night 3, one of the family had a steak which was raw at one end. These things happen, but it's on top of a poor start.
(9) We also found that Windjammer serve yourself hot food was either cold or luke warm, well below WH&S health standards for minimising food contamination.
(10) In Fiji it was boiling hot and humid, and we had to endure a 2 hour excursion with no air conditioning on the bus. Everyone felt terrible upon completion and probably had a level of heat stroke. Me for one had swollen fingers from the heat.
(11) On the plus side, the accommodation was excellent, the service staff, evening waiters, cabin service staff and other staff around the ship were excellent (apart from the poor breakfast experience mentioned in point 6 above). Most of the entertainment was OK to good, the Ice Scatting shows were outstanding (World best) and a couple of the other shows and dancing were good too, as was the final night package with the comedian and Promenade deck finale. There were however a few slow entertainment periods here and there throughout the cruise without much entertainment.
(12) A couple of the specialty sales staff were somewhat high pressure, especially the podiatry guy with his expensive inserts.
(13) Some of the family loved the islands, but for me I would have preferred better and more locations. I feel once you have seen a couple islands, they are mostly the same.
As such the cruise was a bit of a mix of great, good average and poor.
I hope this information can be used to improve some of the shortcomings, while maintaining most of the good to excellent aspects.
PS: The Dining Rating is the average of Excellent night dining service, one very poor breakfast experience and below heating health standards in Windjammer.
- Read more Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas Review
250,000+ people have entered their email
We had 4 rooms for our extended family. Other family members had the teenagers in other cabins.
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Island DiscoveryVery enjoyable and interesting, and we enjoyed a swim at the beach.View All 30 Island Discovery Reviews
Sightseeing TourMostly excellent, with great scenery and the First Landing scenery, experience and entertainment was great. The Nandi shopping experience was poor, with over bearing sales staff.View All 18 Sightseeing Tour Reviews
SuvaNo air conditioning on the bus and too little shopping time. Most of us probably had heat stroke. I personally had swollen fingers from the heat.View All 103 Suva Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Suva Cruise Port Review
Sydney (Australia)Departing port. The queuing was terrible.View All 658 Sydney (Australia) Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Sydney (Australia) Cruise Port Review