Zaandam Cruise Review by GustavSpeed
- Sail Date: August 2016
- Destination: Alaska
- Cabin Type: Vista Suite with Verandah
This one, not so much:
1) Travel to Anchorage was problematic. We wanted to go 2 day2 before but the agent talked us into going the day before and of course there was weather. So instead of getting into Anchorage at noon, we got in at Midnight. I called several time the Holland America "Help" Desk. They weren't of any help. If it had not been for DELTA, we would have missed to Trip to Denali.
2) Of course we had trouble with luggage
3) the Trip to Denali includes a 9 hour train ride and a ten hour bus ride (Lvs at 6:45am) back, so time in Denali is two evenings and one full day. So you are on the train/bus longer than you are in Denali.
4) Our Holland America bus driver talked the entire time! He also said alot of inappropriate things
5) Coffee on board was horrible. You can buy $tarbuck$ downstairs. Wait... you don’t think they have crummy coffee so as to sell….
6) On board they are Constantly sell, sell, sell, sell,sell. I thought we were on the home shopping channel cruise.
5)Holland America STRONGLY suggests you get your boarding passes before leaving the boat. Of course that requires you to purchase internet $$$$.
7) No need for a balcony. They have dividers up between rooms which limits the view. We were mostly up in the public areas.
8) Remember 15% service charge on all alcohol.
9) No soft drinks available in the dinig rooms. So you have to buy $oft drink$.
10) No outlets near the bed so bring a long extension cord for your CPAP machine
11) Little gym with only a few treadmills, walk upstairs. The $spa is expen$ive they offer a pass into the spa fpr %250 for two, but you can only use it about once a day so do the math.
However, the crew and ship were first rate, and the excursions were ok.
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Glacier BayniceView All 718 Glacier Bay Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Glacier Bay Cruise Port Review
HainesexcellentView All 12,785 Haines Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Haines Cruise Port Review
Whales, Bears and Glacierssaw whalesView All 54 Whales, Bears and Glaciers Reviews
Wilderness Tour & Crab Feastboat plane ride about 15 minutesView All 118 Wilderness Tour & Crab Feast Reviews
Sewarddid not take a tourView All 184 Seward Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Seward Cruise Port Review