Arcadia Cruise Review by Vulcan1953
- Sail Date: July 2016
- Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
- Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with Balcony and Bath/Shower
1. They need to sort out spaces for wheel chair people and mobile scooters, to sit in the theatre, as they blocked the emergency exit most nights on the right hand side. No one around to check these not blocked.
2. We booked the gondola ride, it said 15 mins walk to gondola station. That ok if able bodied. I have a bad hip and use a walking stick. It was half an hour walk in 90 deg temps. There was NO mention of five bridges With steps each side, to go over. Gondola ride was good, except a little shorter than stated. Ours was 23 mins that was with 3 mins waiting to dock. Went to St Marks square in our free time on the trip, lovely. Then my leg and ankle began to swell, I felt unwell and we decided to come back early. We had to pay again (£8-00) each as we're not on the allotted trip time back. Although we think we had paid in the trip money and should have been allowed. Got back to the area of drop off to find another 25 min walk for me to the ship. No shuttle busses this time. I felt so angry none of this was stated for non able bodied walkers. Especially the steps on the bridges. I complained on board as had a lot of other people, they were not interested, said if they state all that nobody will go on trip. Better to know the truth. It was the one trip we looked forward to.
3. Hvar, our friends got of, and went into town but soon returned, everywhere said we don't take euros. Dubrovnik was fine most places did.
4. We had S009 right on top of the Sun deck. Fabulous balcony room. Sun everyday. Perfect steward Paul. So helpful when I had to see the Dr for my leg.
Never got a sunbed. Had to b there by 8 am at pool. We sat on our balcony.
Overall a fab trip.
250,000+ people have entered their email