Carnival Dream Cruise Review by ChotuTinda1
- Sail Date: July 2015
- Destination: Eastern Caribbean
- Cabin Type: Balcony
Noticed the following on this cruise:
1) Liked Lanai deck going around the ship, but did not like that it obstructs balcony view of the water.
2) Did not like larger crowd. Issues with the behavior of some kids which left my 12 year old twin sons not feeling very comfortable with Circle C.
3) Saw two people removed from Punchliner Comedy Club by security.
4) Food was familiar, but Guy's Burger was no longer on the ship. Pasta bar service was extremely slow. More people meant longer lines at the buffet.
5) Did not participate in any shore excursions.
6) Comedy shows were excellent and the one show in the theater was very good.
7) Crew members were professional and do a fabulous job.
8) Getting on and off the ship in New Orleans was very well organized and better than when I sailed in 9/2013.
Overall, while you want to offer consistency of service from one Carnival ship to another, it was this consistency that was a negative for me. On my first cruise, everything was new and exciting. On the second cruise, it was familiar. That combined with the larger crowds that comes with traveling during peak time (versus off peak), made our second cruise less enjoyable when compared to our first cruise.
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
FreeportPer reviews of other passengers, decided that shore excursions in Freeport were not worth the time and money.View All 1,342 Freeport Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Freeport Cruise Port Review
Key WestHave been to Key West before (via flying into Miami, renting a car and driving the Overseas Highway to Key West). Therefore, there was nothing new for me in Key West, and no need for a shore excursion at this port. Instead walked on Front Street and Duval Street and purchase some souvenirs.View All 1,778 Key West Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Key West Cruise Port Review
NassauInstead of spending money on a shore excursion, chose instead, to walk up and down Bay Street. Did purchase some souvenirs including two bottles of Bahamian Rum.View All 5,873 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Nassau Cruise Port Review
New OrleansN/A - Simply drove, by car, into New Orleans, to the Erato Street terminal to board the ship and out of New Orleans at the end of the cruise.View All 622 New Orleans Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's New Orleans Cruise Port Review