Carnival Dream Cruise Review by ttanner
- Sail Date: February 2015
- Destination: Western Caribbean
- Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View
Problems encountered include:
- Although we had booked the holiday as a group we were assigned to different tables in the restaurant. This took the restaurant staff about 30 minutes to resolve.
- Service in the restaurant was slow and erratic - we continually had to prompt staff to offer us bread, take our order for wine, offer us coffee. On one occasion we had waited 30 minutes for our main course only to have to send our meals back because the food was stone cold [acceptable if a salad but not for lasagne].
- Service in the bars and on deck was slow. Waiting 20 - 30 minutes for a drink after placing an order with a waiter was not unusual. There seem to be too few waiters for the number of guests.
- to traverse Deck 5 it is necessary to walk through the Casino which reeks of tobacco smoke. If you are a non-smoker then using the casino can be an unpleasant experience.
Good things :
- good shows in the theatre plus good music in the main lounge.
- comfortable cabin and good service from the steward,
- overall quality of food was good.
- service in the cafeteria was good.
Overall conclusion is that I would not book with Carnival again, nor would I recommend them to family and friends.
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Costa MayaThere is an area outside the terminal with lots of bars, restaurants and shops. Plus a pool where you can swim with the dolphins. Outside of this there is a derelict shopping mall and empty shops. Taxis are plentiful if you want to arrange your own excursion.View All 2,517 Costa Maya Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Costa Maya Cruise Port Review
CozumelLots of shops in the terminal building. Lots of taxis outside the terminal to organise your own trip. We chose to take a stroll and found a pleasant waterside bar/restaurant.View All 6,685 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
RoatanThere is an area with the usual cluster of shops around the terminal. The terminal is away from the main town - not in easy walking distance. Taxis are plentiful and prices reasonable - we hired a taxi for $100 for a 2 hour tour of the island.View All 2,825 Roatan Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Roatan Cruise Port Review